The Institute for Functional Medicine 2021 Annual International Conference
Celebrate the 30th anniversary of IFM at next year’s annual international conference! Join us June 3- 5 for AIC 2021 as we reflect on the progress the IFM and the functional medicine movement have made over the years and present new opportunities for optimizing the health and wellness of our populations. AIC 2021 will explore the critical advancements in the field of medicine with relevant clinical applications backed by the latest evidence-based research.
The conference will highlight some of the most exciting and emerging clinical applications in functional medicine, including:
- How to shape, transform, and achieve health equity and a healthier world.
- Delaying the onset of chronic disease and improving health span.
- The polyvagal theory and new perspectives on how trauma affects the body.
- Cell danger response theory: connecting environmental health, mitochondria, and chronic illness.
- The evolving science of connection, mindfulness, and health outcomes.
- Long-term recovery and resilience following COVID-19 infection.
- Functional medicine approaches to chronic pain, surgical recovery, and wound healing.
- Self-tracking devices, self-experiments, and N-of-1 methodologies.
- Evolutionary biology, COVID-19, and metabolic health.
- New insights in the gut-brain axis.
- Pediatric-focused presentations on trauma, seizures, and traumatic brain injury.
- Leveraging understanding of the social determinants of health to help the most vulnerable patients.
- Research updates in the functional medicine ecosystem.
IFM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Up to 15 CME Credits
Military and IFM Member discount is now available.