Shape Up Us Health and Wellness Expo
About The Shape Up Us Health and Wellness Expo
Shape Up Us Health and Wellness Expos are leading a national movement to improve the health of our communities by stemming the tide of heart disease and obesity by educating communities on healthy eating and living. Shape Up Us expos have been hosted in dozens of cities throughout the nation going back to 2009. Each Health & Wellness Expo is designed to promote mind and body wellness, create awareness and educate the public about the prevention of heart disease, all while providing a day of fun for the entire family. As a featured attraction at the expos, Shape Up Us has partnered with Conquer Ninja Gyms™ the nation’s #1 Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course. Conquer Ninja Gyms™ is an EPIC ninja warrior style obstacle course for youth ages 5-17. Participants will run, jump, crawl, climb, and swing for approximately 1.25 through 10 signature Conquer Ninja™ obstacles
These Health & Wellness Expos:
- Children and Families of all ages enter the FREE EXPO. As soon as they enter, they can begin discovering the wealth of information, physical activities, demonstrations and entertainment among family members, teachers and schools on how to assess and address their personal and community wellness.
- Strengthen community by connecting local and national businesses, media, sports teams, universities, non-profit organizations, and city service organizations (fire and police departments, hospitals, and local governments) with local residents around a focus on wellness.
- Activities: Exhibitors each offer an activity for those who attend the event, providing a variety of fun. Thousands of participants at this all-day event enjoy fitness contests, games, hands-on cooking for adults and youth, food tastings, arts and crafts, inflatables, healthy giveaways, face painting, prizes and much more.
- Healthy Food: Bringing in a variety of restaurants, grocery stores, planting, healthy organizations that educate and hands on experience for plant-base.
- Entertainment: Continuous live entertainment features local and nationally recognized musicians, entertainers and performers, including dance and martial arts troupes.
- Introduce The Hip Hop Healthy Heart Program for Children™ is a K-6th grade comprehensive “whole child” wellness literacy education curriculum that has been created to “Build A Culture of Health” through our educational system
***100% of All Donations will sponsor a teacher or school ~ to receive The Hip Hop Healthy Program for Children™ Curriculum to implement into their Classrooms, P.E./Wellness, After-School Programs, and/or camps http://shapeupus.org/hip-hop-healthy-heart-program-for-children/take-a-look/