Organic Foods, Farming and Health
Jeffrey Smith on Environmental Directions Radio with Nancy Pearlman - Episode 179
In this 179th episode of the Live Healthy Be Well, we are re-broadcasting a recent interview with Nancy Pearlman of Environmental Directions Radio. Since 1977, Nancy has hosted and produced the longest running environmental radio show.
In this radio show, Nancy and Jeffrey discuss:
- The connection between GMOs and Bayer/Monsanto's chief herbicide Roundup, which contains the dangerous chemical glyphosate.
- How Roundup ready corn, which has been genetically modified to survive after being sprayed with Roundup, has been linked to organ damage in rats that were fed the corn.
- How BT corn (Bacillus thuringiensis is a species of bacteria that produces proteins that are toxic to certain insects), another genetically modified product created by Monsanto, has been linked to inflammatory bowel disease, various cancers, obesity, anxiety, diabetes, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, high blood pressure, autism, insomnia, celiac disease, kidney problems, all sorts of birth defects, intestinal infections and senile dementia.
- How the biotech industry has convinced the world that GMOs are needed in order to feed the planet and how this is an outright lie.
- What is GMO 2.0?
- IRT's six-minute animated journey, Seven Reasons Why Gene Editing is Dangerous and Unpredictable.
- The dangers of GMO 2.0 to the human and global microbiome illustrated in the 16-minute documentary, Don't Let the Gene out of the Bottle.