AIC 2021: Advancements in Clinical Research and Innovative Practices in Functional Medicine
Looking back on the challenges of last year, we can’t help but be buoyed by the resilience of the functional medicine community. In recognition of this positive reflection, The Institute for Functional Medicine’s Annual International Conference (AIC) 2021 online experience will focus on the resilience we are witnessing in our practices, our communities, underserved populations, practitioners, patients, and you. Happening June 3-5, AIC 2021 will provide compelling new perspectives, tools, technologies, and therapeutics to enable each of us to fulfill our role in reducing health disparities and building a healthier world.
AIC 2021: Advancements in Clinical Research and Innovative Practices in Functional Medicine will feature preeminent researchers and clinicians presenting clinical content with a focus on the resilience of patients as well as practitioners. In addition, we hope you will join us as we mark the 30th anniversary of IFM and present some of the most exciting new research in functional medicine. Highlighted speakers and clinical themes include:
- Leroy Hood, MD, PhD – What 21st Century Medicine Should Be: A Journey to Scientific Wellness, Healthy Aging, and Disease Reversal
- Valter Longo, PhD – Insights Into Fasting and the Fasting-Mimicking Diet
- Steve Horvath, PhD – Biomarkers in Aging and Epigenetic Clocks
- Ritchie J. Davidson, PhD – The Plasticity of Well-Being: A Framework for Cultivation of Human Flourishing
- David Williams, PhD – Race, Socioeconomic Status, and Health
- Gail C. Christopher, DN – Opportunity in Crisis: Building a Fairer, Healthier World
- Sunjya Schweig, MD – Improving Immune Resilience in First Responders and Front-Line Healthcare Workers
- Steven Berkowitz, MD – Impact of Early-Life Stress Across the Lifespan
- Leo Galland, MD – The Changing Face of Functional Medicine in the Last 30 Years: A Clinician’s Perspective
Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) believes health and vitality are essential to the human spirit. We work to advance the highest expression of individual health by advocating Functional Medicine as the standard of care.