Food, Farming and Nutrition
The New Movement to Protect Human Health and the Environment From the Threats of GMO 2.0 - Episode 154
In this episode, Jeffrey gathers with the community of Sir Richard Branson's Necker Island to give a presentation on the existential threat that has been brought on by GMO 2.0.
Some of the points covered:
- At this point in time, 51% of American and 48% of global consumers now believe that GMO foods are unsafe. This is the critical tipping point that Jeffrey has been working towards for the last 25 years.
- There are three main threats to health in the production of GMOs that are of concern:
- The creation of GMO foods causes massive collateral damage in the DNA, which can lead to allergens, toxins, carcinogens, and new diseases.
- Some GMOs are created to withstand sprays of Roundup, which would normally kill them. That Roundup is absorbed into the food that we eat. Roundup has been named as a probable carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- There are certain types of GMO corn that produce a toxin that will kill insects when they eat the corn. We eat this toxin when we eat the GMO corn and this toxin has been known to poke holes in human cells, which can lead to leaky gut.
- The outright lies, deception and rigged research that Monsanto/Bayer has used over the past decades to change public policy at the FDA in favor of GMO foods.
- With new technologies such as CRISPR, gene editing has become easy and cheap to perform. With these technologies readily available, it is possible for a high school science student could create an organism that could wipe out species.
The Institute for Responsible Technology is working to protect you and the World from GMOs to Safeguarding Biological Evolution from GMOs 2.0. Signup for updates from IRT & Live Healthy Be Well to learn easy ways for you to take action against this existential threat and get the latest news and tips to help you and your family be well.
Join our Be Well Community to learn, engage with like-minded members, connect with me and help you and your family and our planet heal. Plus, get exclusive access and discounts to my films, courses, videos, and health products from our partner Azure Standard. Please consider donating to the Institute for Responsible Technology.
Your contribution, together with the support of other caring individuals, enables us to reach millions of people with critical information about the health risks of dangerous genetically modified food and pesticides.